Femme Fatale Josephine Baker
Femme Fatale Josephine
- Star of the Black Vaudeville - Circuit in the U.S. Headliner - for The Folies Bergère
- Regular column contributor to newspapers & high fashion magazines
- Preformed at Carnegie hall in 1926 debuting “The Banana Dance”
- The first person of color to star in a major motion picture, the 1934 Marc Allégret
- First African-American to headline The Ziegfeld Follies - WWII Spy receiving Croix de Guerre, Rosette de la Résistance.
- Made a Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur with the French Air Force.
- The First African- American to desegregate Copa City in Miami Florida in the 1951
- Speaker at the 1963 March on Washington coining the term “Salt and pepper—just what it should be”